down by the riverside

down by the riverside

It’s been over two weeks now since Joey’s surgery and she’s really doing great.  She’s pretty much back to her normal self – doing what she loves to do…. homemaking, spending time in the garden and being a mommy.

Joey collage

Yesterday afternoon, we drove down to the river with some friends, family and all of our kids.  It’s just a short ride through our neighbor’s back field and two cattle-gates to get there.  The weather was beautiful and the water was perfect.  It was so much fun watching the kids of all ages (us grownups included) splash and play together.  We’ve lived here in our farmhouse next to Duck River for fifteen years, but can’t tell you when, if ever, we’ve spent time wading and swimming in it with friends.  We’ve canoed down the river and we’ve fished it dozens of times or more, but never really spent an afternoon like this one.  I’m not exactly sure who’s idea it was, but it was sure a good one.  I think our little Indy loved it as much as Joey and I did.   Our neighbors Gabe and Mandy had some friends from church over, and Joey’s sister Julie and her kids were here visiting from Indiana, so it made for a wonderful memory that I didn’t want to forget.  So I brought along an iPad and using the 8mm app, shot a few video clips to help us remember our day…

235 Comments

1. wonderful christian couple with a beautiful gift from our father in heaven. god bless the three of you. bob and sis in wareham ma.

2. Watching both on Gaither Hour today recorded 20013, you are so inspiring. We hope you will be able soon to be back RFDtv.

3. Love all of you,patiently waiting on your next blog, Carolyn ann,Winthrop ,Indiana

4. LOVE READING THE POST INDIA IS GROWING UP SO FAST AND LOVED SEEING FAMILY HAVING A GOOD TIME,

5. Every time you go radio silent I start to worry. I hope all is well. I have loved your show, your music, and your blog but even more I love seeing the love you share with your Joey, your daughters, and your God. You got it right, my friend.

I hope sometime soon to be able to drive to Pottsville to eat at Marcy Jo’s (I live in Lebanon). I would be wonderful to tell y’all about my Down’s brother, who turned 40 on July 28.

prayers always,
    Cheri

• love your blogs–thanks for keeping us who love you posted.

6. I so enjoy your blog and the gift you share through your sweet Indy. There is another family that shares a similar story as your Indy…it is worth reading called Enjoying the Small Things.

7. I have just discovered your story and blog and I am in awe. You and your family are wonderful inspirations. This blog lead me to your music as well and I am loving the CDs. I purchased 3 and I am going back for more! Thank you for sharing your love and your life. Thank you for keeping country music authentic!

8. Joey and Rory – First saw you on the Duet show and just loved Rory’s wonderful ability to write songs and both of your singing talents. I was hooked. I’ve bought your C.D.’s, watched your t.v.shows and videos and anything I could find on the internet.
    I have constantly watched for your posts. Thank-you for giving your friends and fans updates because we think so much of you and care about you and your family.
    The way you live your life is such an inspiration to all of us. I wish you and your family the grace of God.
    Your faithful friend and fan. Debbie Cole

9. I never used to watch your show until I came to live with my mother in law after my husband passed away of bone cancer. Now I never miss a show. Joey and Rory you both are such a inspiration to me. Indiana is a beautiful baby girl. God knew who he could trust in raising her and I feel that is why he bless you both with her. I hope someday that I and my mother in law can come out to meet you both. GOD BLESS YOUR BEAUTIFUL FAMILY

• Joey & Rory: I and my mother in law Betty just want to say that we are glad that Joey is do great since her surgery. She is such a beautuful person and we love your show and do not miss it. We were wondering when you are going to start again as we know that you took time off to spend time with little Miss Indiana. By the way how is she doing? She is such a beautiful baby. We are also glad that you and Joey took the time to share her story and your lives with us. Please tell Heidi we said Congratulations on getting married. Also tell Hopey that we said hello. GOD BLESS YOUR FAMILY. We will keep your beautiful family in our thoughts and prayers. Enjoy that beautiful baby girl. Hope to see some new pictures soon. Your fans from Newport Pa

10. Hope to hear from you all again soon!

11. When I ‘discovered’ y’all a few years ago, and fell in love with your (Joey + Rory) songs and music, I never imagined how inspiring you’d turn out to be. Joey’s strength is incredible and thank you both so much for sharing your personal story(ies) with all of us. May God Bless You, as I know He already is, and we will say a prayer for you.

12. I am so happy she is doing good that is always good news when you,ve had cancer cause it seems more and more people are getting that crappy stuff I am a 14 year survivor and my sister inlaw is battleing it now but she is going to beat it so joey congradulations keep me posted

13. Thats my kinda family fun day. Everyone looks like they were having a wonderful time. Glad your wife is feeling better………such precious little ones……..you have a beautiful life and blog……..thanks for sharing the encouragement…….blessings

14. How sweet. Loved seeing your video, and was wishing I could be there with y’all. What a precious family! We watch you on TV all the time, came to a couple of your shows, saw you at the Schermerhorn with Don Williams, and at Marcy-Jo’s restaurant a couple of times. We love you guys!

15. Enjoyed the video,Indy looks so sweet. God knew who to give this little jewel to.She will never lack for love & attention. Joey is looking great. I am still praying that all goes well for your family.You all seem to be special people.I hope that I get to see you personally someday. GOD IS GOOD. Stay true to HIM.

16. Hi Joey & Rory! I hope you are well today. It is a beautiful day here in Western PA & Wheeling, WV. Joey & Rory I have been praying for your continued good health.
    May say that Indie is so beautiful! Look at those chubby arms and that laugh and smile. You are so lucky to be her Momma and Daddy.

Have a wonderful day!

17. Just want you all to know we love you guys and you are in our prayers. You blessed us so in Branson and we have your
    picture on our family table. God bless each and every one of you and thanks for the beautiful music. David and Jean Dyson

18. thank you so very much for sharing this journey with your fans. I laugh with you, I cry with you and I pray with you and for you! Your faith is an inspiration to me.

19. Thanks for sharing! I love you guys. Adorable baby girl, what a blessing! Joey keep smiling and I’ll keep praying. God bless y’all!!!

20. Thanks for your blogs, Rory and Joey. Your daughter is a precious gift from God, and will bring great blessings to your lives. We are glad to hear things look good regarding Joey’s cancer/surgery, a real answer to prayers of so many who love and admire you! You continue to show us how to live for God thru example after example, and thanks, too, for that!!

21. What a beautiful family and gorgeous little girl, Indiana. God bless you all! He couldn’t have left Indiana in better hands!

22. I look forward to your blogs. I know we’re not supposed to envy – but I can’t help it. You and Joey, and your entire family are so blessed. I have very little family. I reconnected with a cousin that I haven’t talked with in 40 years. So when I read your blog, see your beautiful family, watch Joey with your new baby girl – I have to say, I’m a bit envious. At the same time, I smile and love to read and see how love flows within all of you. That Indy girl is so sweet – it must be wonderful to share her with so many of your loved ones. Please tell Joey to take it easy. Love and blessings to such a wonderful family. Thank you for sharing your lives!

• watching a gather video when Bill interviewed you both, I fell in love with you both, that Sunday nite last November, , and I have followed you since. web site, TV, blog, etc…. so does 3 other members in my family. I watch all the reruns now and love them over and over. oh my…. the love you have for each other is something I would love to experience, I watch you and cry and cry, I’m so amazed at your love for each other…. I am married, to a wonderful man, we are both Christians, but we don’t have the love you two have. we been married 27 years, we’ve had lots of rocky roads, but never separated….. and OMGosh….I love you two, it’s like you have so much God on you, that you draw people with your love….I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 2012, went thru surgery, treatments, I was ok for a little while in 2013., came back in Feb 2014, this time I went to Cancer Treatment Center, and loved it there, great place to go…I’ve been fine with this, I know the Lord was with me, and this trial was in our lives for a reason. I knew I was a winner either way….I was never negative, it was all in God’s hands.. I don’t know the word to use of how I felt when I heard of joey’s cancer….I knew God was in control, and He had the whole picture..I was so glad Joey didn’t have to take any treatment after her surgery, and oh my, when Rory told of the baby being due in Feb. I was so happy for you two, I had a smile at all times, I was telling everyone at work, an my girls, my family, I was calling you two, my people I watch on TV….and the baby, she is so adorable, precious, and you are so right, God picked you and Joey, to love and raise that special beautiful blessing, I am just in awe….. The Love of God…. is all over you and your family…… and I love you all too…. Joy Baker

23. Looks and sounds like a pretty perfect day.

24. Hey Rory, It’s been ages since I’ve seen you guys and even longer since we sat in a room, you, Tim and I and wrote a song. I’m not sure which link on facebook I clicked to find this blog but I did and it was great to catch up on your beautiful family. Your daughter is absolutely gorgeous. Takes after that beautiful wife of yours:))) Give your family my best. Would love to catch up one day.

25. Fans of both of you since losing my better half 2 1/2 years ago and stumbling across your music video for “When I’m Gone”. That video and that song …… no words!!

26. We miss your Christian program but know you are enjoying God’s beautiful gift! We are semi-retired also living on a Wisconsin Century farm (2008), doing some Agri-tourism and seeing the weather didn’t cooperate last year we began a new venture “Utter Mutter”, a 5K walk or run through 14 obstacles set up in the low-lands, forest and fields – a tremendous success, so it’s on for this year too!

27. What a happy beautiful little girl

28. Thank you so much for sharing your Lives with all of your fans. This Blog is and will remain such a comfort to you all. I read it all and sometimes it was difficult for the tears flowed freely. You see, we have sort of been where you are. Our little Grandaughter had difficulties at birth also. She was called home at 4.5. That was over 2 years ago now. I won’t go in to details because that is our private story. I just wanted you to know how much you touch everyone you meet and have become like part of everyone’s happy family for your music and your sharing of your faith and just your plain old Love. You don’t put on any airs. You show your real selves. We Love you so much for that. Thank You so much.

29. Tell Joey to take it easy still 2 wks. post op is pretty early to be doing so much . It takes a good 6 wks for those internal stitches to heal just a little loving advise from a nurse fan. Love seeing you all in the video and miss your music praying for your family,

30. Loved the video, Indy is so cute. Praying for all of God’s blessings on your family. We really enjoyed your last album, looking forward to the next one when Joey is recovered. Sending our love from: Freedom, Indiana Jerry & Diana Cassity grew up in Alexandria, Indiana

31. So happy to hear Joey is doing well and Indy is precious. Love your video, very special memories. God Bless

32. Rory and Joey: I discovered you two years ago when visiting Nashville. I love your music, and love watching your love for each other to continue to grow. And now you have Indiana! So glad I found your blog, Rory, and thank you for keeping us all informed about Indiana and Joey. So glad Joey is recovering from her cancer, and what a joy to see her with Indiana. Nothing like the love of a child. I had a mentally handicapped brother, so I saw many DS children. They are so lovable. May God continue to bless your lives.

33. I love that you are just simple people.

34. Great video. Joey looks very happy & Indy is just precious.

35. Joey/Rory, So glad to see you had a wonderful time down at the river. Little Indy is really grown up and beautiful. Thank God for your family and keep the faith. God is so good!!! So glad to know Joey is feeling Gods healing power. Love your music and hope you will soon back on TV . I am a mother of 2, grandmother of 6, great grandmother of 9, Do you mind if I add another great grand to that, Little Indy of course? May God add blessings very pure and simple to you and your family. My prayers are with you daily. Thank you Lord for this precious family!!!

36. Your pictures and memories are priceless. These memories and pictures can be shared with Indiana when she is older and she can see all the love and caring in your family. I think one reason we have enjoyed seeing Joey and you so much is you both share your hearts with us. When we came to Marcy Jo’s we drove to your home and just enjoyed seeing the peaceful place we had seen each week. We did not wish to intrude on your privacy, but I just think your farm is the real life. We also live on the farm in Illinois where my husband was born and raised so we understand the special feelings that pull you back and the peace you gain to keeping it going. Best wishes to both of you and your family. We love seeing pictures of Indiana, but want you to know we have also loving seeing your lovely daughters. We hope to get back to Marcy Jo’s soon!

• Indy is precious,You just want to kiss her little face .and I am sure she gets a lot of that!!Joey looks as beautiful as ever,motherhood has made her more radiant than ever. I miss your TV show,am watching the reruns.I pray God continues to bless and keep you in his hands and leads you to all the great things I know he has in store for you. God bless and keep you always,. Brenda Foster

37. Sure glad everything is going good!! Love reading your posts and pray that God is watching over you all!! Have been to Marcy Jo’s a couple of times– had our picture taken with you both and left a copy a few months ago!! I was there the first time with just the girls but they took my husband and I back there again this past March–what a wonderful show you have–enjoy every one of them!!we know that Indy sure has the right parents!! Praying for all…………Evelyn Brown and family…….

38. i truly love youre blog! I believe that you are Americas purest and best of country and Christian sample of pure harmony and love !!!!I love youre whole family and cry a lot when I read your posts or see your show,s , but they are tears of pure joy,keep that good old country music and god in your heart, again I love and enjoy every thing you do!!!! AMERICAS GREAT LOVE STORY !!!!

39. Love you Joey, Rory, and little Indy! I can’t wait for the next album, or to come and see your concert in the barn! Coming down in December to Nashville!! Keep singing!! You won’t believe the lives you touch with your music. Psalm 137: 1-3 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. For there they who carried us away captive required of us a song; and they who wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion.

God gives the song, and we are His instruments! God gave us the largest book in the Bible (the Book of Psalms). He loves music, and touches so many of us through your gift that He gave to you.

When going into battle, God always used music as a precursor to the men on the battlefield who went to war. During these times of trial, God is triumphant! I think of your song, September Morning ((what if I’d never gone to town, to pick up a thing or two (I think this is what the song is called)), what if you never had little Indy, what if your cancer wouldn’t of allowed this blessing to happen? Only God can turn sorrow into joy, and happiness into singing! Who but God can do such things as these?? Love you bunches, your cuz.

40. life doesn’t get much better than that. Thanking God for you all, for country, for rivers, for beautiful days, for rest, for fun, for healing, for hope much love and prayers

41. It is so refreshing to see good honest Christians living the life as God would have it. You and your family make me want to be a better one. I too had a DS child who was very loving. No wonder Joey is so attached. I also had cervical cancer when I was twenty five. Thank God they got it in the early stages and I am and have been cancer free for many years. I am glad Joey is doing well. I just love to hear the two of you sing. Thanks for letting us join in on your family. God Bless all three of you. I feel like we connect somehow.

42. Very thankful to God that Joey’s doing well !! little Indy is a little ” Cutie Pie ” Thank you Rory for sharing your family with us. We love your show on RFD TV. We’re watching the re-runs and enjoying them as much as we did the first time. Prayers for God’s Blessings for your family. Love to all of you

43. Thank you for sharing your story with us I will miss you at Heber utah this year. Indy is such a blessing to us all

• What a great American story. I grew up on a farm in Kansas, hay in the summer, milo in the fall. Hogs, chickens, cattle, and firewood. Hard work but great memories. All of us kids would drive the hay truck right down to the pond when we were done, and jump in off the hood! Loved it, digging clams, and keeping away from rattlers and copperheads.
      I hope you can find time in your lives to do some more shows. Your steel guitar player Brett, is a friend of mine, and thanks to him, I am hooked. Blessings to you all

44. Love that you blog! Love the simple life that you lead! I live in a town of a little over 600 people. Best place to be is out in the country! Indy is so beautiful! I had the pleasure of working w/down syndrome children. They are such a blessing. Always smiling & they have so much love to share! I tape your show & just got caught up on them. That’s when I found out about your little bundle of joy & that you were going to blog. I was shocked to read that Joey was diagnosed w/cancer, BUT won the battle! GOD BLESS YOU & YOUR FAMILY! Thanks for sharing your life & having a wholesome show! It take me back to my younger years when I use to sit by the tv w/my family!

45. Love you joey Rory and little one been praying for joey enjoy your music appreciate all how you live your a blessing.

46. That little blessing of yours is getting cuter by the day.

47. so awesome for such a wonderful family. Love yall sooooooooooooo much

48. Joey and Rory: Looks like everyone had a great time! What a perfect way to spend a summer day. The smile on Indy’s face says it all!! Joey, you are looking well. I keep you in my prayers and know that with your grace and strength your future holds may wonders and adventures. Take Care and know you are loved!
    Teresa

49. LOL, country folk don’t need those Little Swimmers! How cute is that video?

• I always look forward to reading your posts. Waiting to see little Indiana, she is so beautiful. I feel like a proud Grandmother to her. I have always loved watching your show. Everyone falls in love with Joey, love her singing, your farmhouse, and your way of life. I grew up on a farm, One of nine children with very loving parents. Although poor, we never realized this as we were happy. My husband and I still live on a small farm in a rural area. Our life is peaceful and happy. My thoughts and prayers are with Joey. I feel strongly Joey will beat this disease. Love seeing pictures of baby Indy, she is so adorable and precious. Please keep this up.

50. It’s wonderful to see Joey doing so well and little Indy too. I miss seeing your show each week, but I am so happy that you have this time to focus on family. Many blessings to all of you.

51. God Bless your family. When I see the love wrapping all of you up together, it warms my heart. When I see pictures like that, it makes me miss our grandson so much. He was a Marine and passed in March of 2012. Indiana has a beautiful smile

52. aww I love the video rory and little indy is adoreable thanks for the blogs its nice to keep up with you guys as I have loved you every since I saw you on the show you were on cant remember the name of it but I hope you all will be back on the road soon and I can meet you in person thanks again may God Bless much love Gloria Greene

• so glad joey is doing so well and you guys have such an awesome love story I only wish I could have one like that you are a special precious couple and family I have a nephew who is ds and he is a grocery bagger at a supermarket he is in his fourties now and doing great anyway just wanted to add this to my other comment hope to meet you in person some day

53. So thankful that you share your life and family. You and Joey became my favorite TV show. I am so thankful that I have the Internet and can still be in touch with each of you. God has definitely chosen you as special parents for your precious Indy. At one time in my life I had the opportunity to work at a special school. DS children are so precious and they love with such a special love. Thank you,for sharing with us. We hope to make a trip some day to your area and at least get to eat at Marcy-Jo’s. Janet

54. Thanks for sharing your lives with us. I’m glad to hear that things are going well for you all! We missed your TV show last Friday night and hope that you get a green light from the good Lord to crank’er up again some day soon. Take care.

55. Great video! Indiana is so beautiful loved her smile. She is so lucky to have such a loving and caring family. Glad Joey is doing so well. Keep up the Blogs.. Love to read them.

56. Just goes to show the BEST things in life Are free!

57. So happy Joey is doing well. God bless your family.
    Love you all, Lily from Holiday, Fl

58. God Bless all three of you and I hope you don’t give up your music .

59. What a Beautiful little girl..loved that big smile .seems she has Mom & Dad wrapped around her heart & vice versa…loved the outing to the waterhole..brought back many memories..growing up here in Ky we had lots of swimming holes..and were also used for baptizing…glad Rory is doing so well, she’s a beautiful lady. I so look forward to your blogs..keep them coming..God bless your Beautiful family.

60. What family fun! Such has been a tradition on July 4th in our family as long as I can remember. In many ways my family can identify with yours. It is the best kind of life! How beautiful and loveable Indy is! God is good is every way! Your posts, Rory, are enjoyed so very much. Each time I open my email, I check to see if you have written another one. Thank you for sharing. Someday my husband and I hope to come to Marcy Jo’s. Maybe we will see your precious family there. May you continue to recognize the blessings God is pouring out upon you! Wish there were more people like you in this world.

61. 7.7.14 – So beautiful a life and so Blessed are you and your family. I was born in Humphreys County which is a bit west of you and there in the south part of the county is Duck River and back in my youth I went with my cousins to play in the river. Such wonderful memories. Time has marched on many times but your Downn by the Riverside bought a smile to me thinking of my riverside memories. God Bless You all, T. Gentry

62. This brings back such good memories of such a long time ago when my dad and mom would take us kids and friends to the river on Sunday afternoons. It was always so peaceful and quite (until we got there). It is a lot of difference from a hot crowded pool. I love your blogs and so proud that Joey is doing well. Thanks for sharing.

63. Do you know how much I admire and respect your family and this blog, it does this old heart to see so much love in one family, when so many families are apart for one reason or another. I missed your show on TV this past week, the mighty 4th of July.
    I also watch you on Country’s Family Reunion and once again the love you have and show one another, just sparkles, you bring back family closeness for other people to see, you are a miracle family, and you have made it that way with the help of God.
    Please keep posting the Blog, it is so nice to keep up with your loving family, and to feel like I am a part of it, Rory, you and Mary look just alike and both of your eyes just sparkle with devilment, but it is done with love. I am closing and may God continue to Bless your sweet family. Love, Zoe crawford.

64. What a precious video! Thanks for sharing!

65. I have a Grandson with DS, He is 24 I think now and he has a job sacking Grocery’s , in a small town near where he lives .He has a special license to drive his gulf cart to the store and back home .He has been at the store over 6 years now, People luv him. He will probably always live with His Dad but He has his own Apartment over the Garage and His own Phone he eats with his family , but he can be more independent this way. I married His Grandpa when Jeff was pretty young, We were Married for nearly 19 years when my wonderful husband passed away . But he was my grandson as well as any of my blood grandchildren . His Dad still keeps in contact with me . Having had 7 Births , loosing a 2 1/2 year old Daughter and a 29 year old son. I feel our Children are on loan to us sometimes. It took Father-God in my life to understand that , and I have lost 4 of my siblings . There were 9 of us. I am nearly 80 now . and have several Great Grand Children now & they are the greatest to be around now a days. My Husband & I had a Grandson live with us from between 7&8 till his sophomore year of High school , At which time His Mother came and got Him. But at the time he came to live with us & he had already told me He wanted to be a Christian He & I searched for a place to Worship we both were happy in . Took a short time and we found one and as time went on I put that little boy in God’s hands and our Minister & his wife’s hands and My wonderful grandson is now soon will be in his 2nd year of College, in Arkansas in a Christian College . Now god was surly taking care of Him. and still is. My first baby was a Ta-sac (SP) baby, not much in any Medical books about it. I was advised I should put her in a home cause by now I has 2 more babies. Making 3 on Bottles And Diaper’s . I was crushed and when I talked to my Dr. He said no Mary , you can take care of Vicky at home better then any where else . So I luved her till she passed away. I had to go on because I had the others . Like your little one She will bring you luv & joy too. God Bless you all. Mary Lou

66. Following you all from the UK , God Bless you all

67. God Bless You. What a joy you bring to all of us every time you share your lives with us.

68. No matter how hard my day may be ,when I see a new post it always makes me smile and my day a little brighter.

69. Love the video and glad Joey is doing better. I look forward to your blogs hope to see you all on tv soon

70. We are so happy that Joey is doing so well what a beautiful lady. Indy is beautiful and that smile so precious. We watched your show every time it came on and were saddened when you said “Goodbye” I pray that you will be back on the air real soon. Rory you are truly blessed and what a blessing you are to me.It looked like ya’all had a fun day in the sun. God bless you and your family it is a joy to see how God has used you to touch so many lives.

71. So happy to see and hear what a beautiful time , all of you had … what sweet blessings,and so precious… we have The Ohio river next to us in Kentucky Land, and even though we are grandpa,and grandma now, we still ”drag the gut” .. we had a wonderful weekend too,road tripping from Kentucky – Missouri, sipping McDonalds coffee, savoring some good barbecue, finally coming to rest at a place called Ally Springs,in Eminence ,Missouri .. where we all gathered on the grounds beside an old one room schoolhouse..watching square dancers,listening to some mountain music, eating watermelon… and being real thankful to God for every little thing :) , love and hugs to ya all, from Kentucky

72. Thank you so much for sharing your precious memories with us. They truly bless and encourage me!

73. Rory, I look forward to checking my e-mail, and seeing a new blog ready to read from you. Your blogs are always heartfelt and moving. Every time I read what you’ve written, your love for God and your family are always evident. Thank you for taking the time to blog about you and your family’s life, and share it with the world. I know I’ve never met you, Joey, or any of your family personally, but feel as if I know you guys. So thankful that we’re brothers and sisters in Christ. Keep letting your light/Jesus shine through your lives. You’re making a difference in people’s lives, more than you know. Love and Blessings to you!! -Jennifer

74. Enjoy keeping up with your precious family. May God continue to bless you. From BBC

75. Did not know about the surgery. Sure happy to hear she is doing so well. Thanks so much for sharing with your fans. I truly enjoyed the trip with you……Many blessings to you and the family.

76. now i went back and read the cancer story of faith and bravery! what an awesome family testimony! God speed.

77. Simple and beautiful!!! Love the video the songs and pics… Thanks for sharing :)

78. Praise God! Thank you for sharing your riverside adventure! Indy and Joey are perfection!

79. i enjoyed seeing the family fun. my video did not come out clear but i got the just of the music/singing. i haven’t seen anything from you two lately, did not know the wife was ill. looks like everything is normal now. God Bless.

80. Love the video. Glad to hear Joey is doing so well. I love reading your blogs and following along with you guys. God Bless you all.

81. WONDERFUL memories ya’ll !!! TREASURE every second !!! God Bless ya’ll.

82. Thank you for sharing the post and video of the fun you guy’s had at the river.

83. Making memories. Life doesn’t get any better then that.

84. Loved the video. So glad to hear Joey is doing good also.

85. Your family is such an inspiration. You have truly been blessed.

86. Such wonderful news and happiness in this post. God bless. <3

87. Loved this! Glad to see Joey doing well and Indy growing like a weed, best clip was her copying mamas mouth movements! My little Joey has T21 also, is 15 mos, the youngest of 5 and she has been a soul-changer…still cannot believe God found us worthy of being her parents :) keep the posts coming!!

88. Thank you for sharing your beautiful family with us! What a great video!

89. What a beautiful family you have! Indy is growing so fast and she is absolutely adorable! I pray God will continue to bless you all as you have been a blessing to so many.

90. You have an absolutely BEAUTIFUL baby girl! I hope you realize what a wonderful thing you do sharing your joys on this blog. I enjoy every bit of it and believe by sharing, you leave a wonderful impression on many others and help them to believe how life really can be for them too. A few years ago, Indian Ranch in Webster, MA had a request section on their web site. My only request for this venue was to invite JOEY and RORY to play there. AND THEY DID!! Unfortunately, I COULDN’T go :( What a sad disappointment that was for me. Some day if you still have it, I would love to travel down to your farm for the Annual “Bib & Buckle Fest”. It’s a plan anyway :) it’s wonderful to see how well everyone is doing. Bless you and may the POWERS THAT BE keep you all safe and happy always.

91. What a testimony you and Joey are to others, God Bless. Thank you for sharing, so very touching! Indy just gets sweeter ever time you put a photo of her up.

92. So glad joey is doing good. We are praying for your whole family. Indie just gets cuter everytime you post a picture of her. Keep the post coming. Nancy Hardwick

93. God bless

94. Thanks for including us Indy was born on my birthday so that makes her special miss you all hope you can come back next year better than ever so glad everyone is doing good now

95. I’m so excited Joey is doing great. What a blessing. Indy is such a cutie. Y’all bless so many people who read your story, watch your videos. God bless y’all.

96. Your family are sooooo blessed! Love ya!

97. You are such an inspiration to our family, our daughter had a little boy a month ago that was born with spina bifida. He is our 5th grandchild, I believe he truly is a gift from God ❤️

98. You’re story is amazing. Truly amazing. God Blessed you with an amazing family & I love reading about it. Thank you for sharing this with us. You & Joey are truly my heroes. I’ve known about y’all since I was 7. & For these past 8 years, every time someone asks me who I admire, or who my heroes are, I always say, “Joey & Rory Feek. They both are my heroes in their own way. I relate to Rory and if he made it, then so can I, and I hope to be as strong and awesome as Joey one day.” If you read these, then I hope you see this & know that the two of you have been very big role models in my life. And I don’t even have to know you. Y’all are truly awesome, and whether you realize it or not, you’re changing peoples lives everyday with your stories.

99. Thanks for these snippets from your “special year”. It means so much to all of us (both near and far) that you have chosen to include in your lives. We are keeping our fingers crossed that you will decide to film more TV shows.

100. THIS IS SO HEART WARMING. YOUR FAMILY IS SO BEAUTIFUL. THAT DARLING BABY THAT YOU HAVE IS JUST GORGEOUS. WHAT A LOVELY SMILE. JOEY I PRAY THAT YOU WILL CONTINUE TO GET BETTER AND STRONGER FROM YOUR SURGERY. I HAVE SEEN EVERY BLOG AND EVERYTHING THAT YOU BOTH HAVE PUT ON HERE. I WATCH ALL YOUR SHOWS WHEN THEY ARE ON TV. LOVE THEM ALL. WOULD LOVE TO GET TO COME TO MARCY JO’S CAFE AND MEET YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. MAYBE ONE DAY. THIS IS A FANTASTIC VIDEO. TAKE CARE.

101. I so enjoy your blogs and when I saw what you named, it the first thing that came to mind was an old song” Gonna lay down my burdens, down by the riverside” I am sure you know that song.

102. Memories and fun like that are priceless!

103. our prayers have gone up for your family, and we hope you stay in the music scene in the future, but if not we will have your great music to listen to forever.

104. Mom and Indy both are adorable! That’s the things memories are made of. God Bless

105. that looked like a great time I hope you keep putting pictures on so we can all enjoy them.It is so nice to see how down to earth you all are.God Bless you all.

106. Looks like a wonderful day to me! Here’s to many many more. :)

107. That’s what it’s all about….God is good….Blessings to you all…

108. God has blessed you with each other and this beautiful baby girl. Prayers for you all.

109. Thank you for sharing the video. Love you guys, and little Indy is so cute.

110. Love you guys. Family and God . two of my favorite things. Thanks for sharing your day

111. That was so special…loved the video…and so happy that Joey is doing well!

112. Thank you for sharing your life and your family. I am so glad to hear Joey is doing well. My prayers are with you all through this journey.

113. So glad to hear Joey is doing well. Indy is so adorable and has the cutest little face. God Bless you and your family. Thank you for sharing your video with us.

114. So glad Joey is doing well. Thank you for keep your fans informed. Love you guys.

115. Loved the video. Glad Joey is doing good. I just love watchin you two. Joey and Roey. There just looks like so much love there and I like that. I have one of your CD’s. Love it.

116. This is what life is all about! Thank you.

117. Dear joey and Rory you’re daughter is so beautiful and sweet,I enjoy reading your post and I’m glad you having so much fun now I are so miss your tv show hope you come back soon.I are so think you’revideo is amazing! :-) :-) :-)

118. I look forward to your new adventures on your blog. Loved this one. So glad to see Joey doing so well, and Indiana is precious ! This makes me miss Arkansas and all our family gatherings years gone by. Like the old song, “Precious Memories,” they are forever with me. God bless you and your loving family. Your blog is such a blessing.

119. What a beautiful baby girl Indy is. Thank you so much for sharing your life with us. It is very special. Beautiful memories in the making. We have been in prayer for you and your family. So glad Joey is doing well. Miss your show but nothing is more important than family and enjoying time together while you can. God’s blessing to all.

120. Looks like a blessed and beautiful day! Thanks for sharing. :)

121. Joey and Rory, I am so glad you are willing to share your life with your TV land friends. The pictures are great and little Indy
    is precious. God bless you.
    Carolyn

122. That was great! Thank you for sharing your lives with us. Gos bless you all!

123. Love your post. Please keep them coming. You are like family and I just want to keep in touch. God bless you all is my prayer. Indy is beautiful and a blessing! What a great way to celebrate the 4th!!!

124. Rory, I love everything you share….your life is really extraordinary. You have a way of writing that just pulls me right into it…and for a few minutes it’s like I go back in time…So happy for your family that you guys are getting to have this time off…you are very deserving. Missing you on TV, but glad you are keeping in touch with all of us that love you so much, you seem like family to us. Your daughter is so precious and so glad to hear that Joey is doing good. They are so blessed to have you, Rory, in their lives. Will continue to pray for you’all and look forward to your next email! Blessings to you…..Love Carolyn

• Ditto

125. Indy is beautiful .thank u for sharing this with all of us. Be so glad when you all get back on TV , singing again.

126. Thanks for sharing about Joey and you beautiful baby . We have been praying for your family

127. So nice you could get out an enjoy an afternoon doing something different and relaxing for a change. I am so glad you are improving so well after surgery, Joey. And glad little Indy is doing so well too and getting so big. Love you guys like family and hope you can film your shows for T.V. again soon. You all take care and God Bless everyone.

128. ALL OF YOU LOOK GREAT..That baby knows her mommie and looks like you picked a beautiful place. You have had some great blessing and may they keep coming and that wonderful love of your stay strong…..

129. The best thing in life are free!
    So rich so Blessed

130. I so remember going to the creek. Wading and playing. So glad Joey is back to her self. Y’all are such down to earth people, my husband and I enjoy your music. We watched on Friday night, still do.

131. With every journey I take through your words on your blog, it never fails……I leave wanting/needing to be a better person in every aspect of my life.

132. Love the video, especially where Indy is talking to Joey! Isn’t it great having kids at our age? Mine’s 8, and a joy and blessing! Enjoy your family, Rory!

133. Love the posts…..please keep it up….your family is very inspirational….love and prayers go out for you and your family

134. Used to play in the river, long time ago. So glad Joey is doing well. Indy is adorable! Thank you for sharing your day with us. Life in the country – nothing like it!

135. I love your blog, Rory! Beautiful family times. Thanks so much for sharing with us. :)

136. Do you have any idea how much people love your little family. And what an inspiration you are to so many. Thanks for sharing your life & that of Indy, such a precious baby girl.

137. Thank you so much for sharing. Indy is getting bigger and seems very happy. Glad to see Joey enjoying herself.

138. thanks so much for sharing this post with us. Joey is looking really well and that little one is so precious. I watch you all on RFD and love you very much. God gives these special little ones to certain people who he knows is capable of taking care of them. My niece has a child that has needs every day and when she was born the doctor’s told them that she wouldn’t live but for a couple hours. She has always been in a wheelchair and has a feeding tube and we just celebrated her 17th birthday. One year ago on July 5th her DAD has a massive heart attack and went to heaven. My niece, her other 2 daughters and with the help of my brother and sister in law along with other family members will see that this child has everything she needs. God bless you all and I will pray for you all.

139. It”s time’s like’s these” Wonderful time you hold in your heart”’ that’ you can go back on in your memory”s and relive them over and over again!! Love the video Thank you for sharing !! God Bless You All

140. Love seeing the baby ,I also just had a little girl with DS so i love to see how the family is doing and lets me know i am not alone on this new journey

141. The laid back simple life is just what God wanted us to have. And you two have been livingit with your girls. You can see the love you have for all. God has placed his hand upon your shoulders as his way of thanking you for the belief ,faith and love in him. That is why you have that special little angel of God’s “Indy” such a beautiful baby…Thank you for sharing your life with us.

142. THAT IS WHAT LIFE IS ABOUT PURE LOVE

143. That water looked so inviting.what a wonderful way to spend the afternoon. Joey looks so good glad her recovery is going well.indy is just beautiful.cant wait to see the show again.

144. What a fabulous afternoon! Family and fun! Please tell Joey not to lift too much just yet!!! Been there done that. And what a beautiful baby girl named after my home state too. I know Joey from the IN Horse Council and Justin Jannsen

145. I know you have heard it before but we all enjoy the stories and pictures of your family so very much! Indy is so adorable and beautiful and I wish she were mine! Enjoy her, each other, may God continue to bless you and your family! Joey, so happy you are recovering so well, God is good!!! Love to you all, Joyce and Wilson Whidden

146. I can’t tell you how happy I am to see you all having so much fun! It don’t get no better than that! Carry on beautiful family!!! Kiss Indy for me:) Lots of Love From Weatherford,Texas!

147. I just watched your video and read all these comments I don’t think there is anything I can add to all of them. They are all right on. I thank God for keeping his hand on Joey and I think you all are so blessed to have Little Indy. She is so sweet and such a doll. Thank you for keeping us updated on everything that is going on in yours and Joey’s life. Looking forward to when you will be back on RFD!!

148. Beautiful! Wonderful parents to a beautiful baby girl!

149. Indy sure is growing fast!

150. Just a beautiful time with your family and friends. That’s what the 4th should be about. And Indy is beautiful!

151. I lived near the Duck River in Columbia until I was 21. I have never put a toe in it. Guess I will have to add that to my Bucket List!

152. Dear Joey and Rory, God knew that Indiana would need two very special people to call mama and daddy. God chose both of you. Gods ways are not are ways but HE makes no mistakes. I believe and God knows that y’all are just what this little baby girl needs now and forever. HE will supply all of your needs. God Bless you both and little Indiana too…

153. Beautiful!

154. Wonderful Old Fashioned Fun..Indy is adorable, Joey looks great and I envy you that simple wonderful life style…

155. How fun! Good times! Indy”s sweet smile is contagious. And I love the sleeping nakey baby. So cute. Blessings and thanks for sharing. :)

156. And this, folks, is what life is all about…the love of family and friends just hanging out doing the little things together. Indy sure looks like she is enjoying it all – what a little beauty!

• glad to hear joey is doing great. your daughter is adorable!

157. I love you guys and praise GOD for bringing Joey out of the “bad woods” of cancer!! My husband had cancer 5 years ago and we still thank GOD for HIS healing!!! Miss your music!!

158. I loved watching the video, Joey is looking great and Indiana is a beautiful baby. I have watched you on RFD since the beginning of the show, I hope one day you will get back to it, until then keep up with the blog.

159. Thank you for sharing I love you guys so much.. indy is so beatiful thats perious smile.
    may God continue to Bless each of you.
    Joey I am so glad you recovering so well.
    May God always Bless you ya’ll, your one beatuiful family..

160. absolutely beautiful fun in the creek! Joey, happy you are doing well! Lovely baby you all have there!

161. Joel and Rory. Indy is such a doll!!! How I wish I could hold, squeeze and kiss those fat l

162. Simple pleasures and the love of family and friends…it just doesn’t get any better! Indy is blessed to have a wonderful family, as y’all are blessed with Indy <3

163. Your blog, pictures and videos always make me smile. Joey looks great and Indiana is adorable! Would someday love to attend one of your concerts at the barn and eat at Marcy Jo’s!

164. So precious, So glad Joey is better and that baby so wonderful!

165. Beautiful family without the birth of Indi. Joey might have not found cancer. God bless you

166. That was priceless memories! Great video!

167. Thank you for sharing these special moments. It is such an encouragement to see the joy that you are experiencing as a family. I continue to lift you up in prayer. Fight On !!!

168. You have a beautiful daughter!!! She looks soo sweet. We are soo glad Joey is doing ok. Your family has soo many prayers going up for you all. We love your little family so much. We wish we could visit with you personally. Maybe someday!!! Sure do miss seeing you all on RFD. Take care & keep us informed on your precious family. Rory you do such a good job telling us about the family. Keep up the good work. Love & prayers to you all!!!!

169. omg indy is so precious,glad t hear every one is doing good

170. My video paused during one of Indy’s smiles……priceless!!!

171. Thanks for sharing. You are building happy memories for the two of you and your family. I grew up the simple life and at age 86, I have happy memories of living in a big farm house near a river. I am blessed when my children and grandchildren share memories my husband and I help build for them. Now with two great granddaughters, the building of memories continue. Indiana is a beautiful little girl, how blessed you are to have her. God is so good.

172. Thank you so much for sharing – this brought such joy and laughter when I watched Down by the riverside. Indy is so beautiful!!!!

173. Wow!! Such great memories, and Indy is just a precious gift from our Saviour. I love the picture of the little toddler sleeping in his Dad’s arms, with bare “cheeks “sticking out. lol God is so good, Joey is healing so well..

174. Awww…This is *Pure Sweetness* & Definitely Precious Memories !!! There is nuttin’ no more special than *The Sweet Simple Things In Life* !!
    I just love y’all !!

175. What a beautiful baby ….. the picture of Indy is filled with joy. Blessings to all of you on your journey through life. And I’m so glad to know that Joey is doing well.

176. Y’all are such a blessing! Thanks for letting us share in a little part of what God is doing in your lives. Stay faithful and your life will continue to bless others.

177. Thank you for sharing what looked to be fun filled with gamy and friends.

178. This what we all long for, the simple life! Blessings to your family.

179. So precious! Get memories are amazing when you have wonderful family and friends

180. I will miss seeing your show every weekend but my love to you and great health to Joey and Indiana is just beautiful.I love her name

181. What great memories you all are making. LOVED those smiles. So glad to hear Joey is feeling better. Love reading your blogs.

182. That is a wonderful memory your family made. I can’t believe how much Indy is growing. So precious. Blessings to all.

183. That is what The Lord wants us to see.

184. God is good, life is good….

• she’s a beautiful lil girl, luv your music and video

185. I love reading about you and your sweet famly. I feel like you guys are a part of my family.i love your faith and your music. I’m watching reruns of your show.

186. I feel like I’ve known y’all forever. Thank you for sharing your life. A beautiful weekend down by the river. Your family is so blessed and I’ve learned so much from your life. Thank you for the inspirations.

187. Love reading your stories, listening to your songs and watching your videos. Your, sharing your family proves that there is something right in this big ole world!

188. Indy is getting so big and smiling! How fun! Looks like a great time. Thank you for sharing.

189. We are so glad we got to meet you fine folks at your fest in 2013. We went down to the riverside near there. It was great. We think of and pray for your family all the time. You are living in God’s will everyday! Your blog is so valuable to us. God bless all of you- hope we meet again

190. Thank you for sharing thank The Lord joey is doing good your family is beautiful love you all God bless you all

191. You have a beautiful family,

yawl are so blessed ! Praise God Joey is healthy <3

192. Endless joy!!! Oh how I love the rivers and creeks and spending time with family. Indy is growing and in so beautiful. I am praising and .thanking God for Joey’s continued health and healing. You are an inspiration and I love to follow your family and your music. May God bless you with many of these kind of days.

193. brings back great memories with my nieces and nephews, so glad ya’ll had great family time, God has blessed ya’ll

194. So glad Joey is doing as well as she in. I really enjoy your blog. Thank you for sharing your lives with the public. Indiana is a beautiful baby. She looked like she was trying to talk. God Bless you and your whole family. Enjoy your time off.

195. Thanks for sharing life at its best!!!

196. Really enjoyed the video, what a beautiful site of Joey & Indy, just gave me chill bumps. God has given 2 special people this special child to love and raise.

197. That was an awesome little video! Hope all is well with your circumstances. Indiana is just adorable. Wish I could have met you both like my wife has.

• Happy two days after the fourth and what a way to spend time with family and fiends. Joey and Rory and little Indy, what a beautiful baby and the smiles that she gave to all of us. You are truly blessed and like the rest we loved watching you and the girls on RFD and hope to that one day that you will be back. You both have such a faith and all can learn from that.

198. LOVE hearing from you about all of you! Thanks. God is gloriously displayed in all of you! He has set you up to show Himself to all the world. I pray for you every day.

199. Precious-a priceless moment to be savored and held close to the heart.

200. I have been following you and Joey for years. I love your music and the simplicity of your life. You are an inspiration to us all. With every difficulty thrown at you, you continue to rise to the occasion and glorify God through it all. May God bless you and keep you.

201. Beautiful family. Wonderful memories. The small, simple things male the most lasting memories.

202. I love your post Rory ! I sure miss your tv show too, but seeing you and Joey so happy and her health renewed is a joy ! God bless you every day of your lives !! Love you from Comanche Texas.

203. Loved that great big smile on Indiana. Good ‘ole family fun. I can just hear you all singing the song ‘Down by the Riverside’ even though no sound came up on this video if it was there. I’m looking forward to your next blog. So glad Joey is doing so well so soon. Bless you all.

204. Also so glad that Joey is doing great

205. it’s the simple things in life that are so precious!! you have a beautiful family!

206. you have such a beautiful little girl. I really enjoy listening to you both sing and I love hearing about your family. God Bless you all.

207. A beautiful family!

208. Boundless JOY! Thank

209. Building memories! Made me think of growing up, there was a brook at the end of our street, our street was a ‘dead end’, we had more fun splashing in the water and climbing trees! God is blessing you every day! Thank you for sharing.

210. So sweet and Great to see a man that loves his wife and family

211. I love it, reminded me when I was a lot younger. I loved playing it creek, cold water. It sad my kids have never did these things.

212. Such good ole fashion fun… I miss those days.. boy county living is the life. God bless you with many more good days ahead. And your precious baby girl is sooooo cute. I wish I could give her a cuddle thru the screen.

213. Joey is such an amazing woman and her faith and love of God shows in her smile. She is beautiful inside and out. God picked such wonderful parents to give Indy to. Miss you guys on your show, but so happy you are able to have this time with your family. You two have earned the break. We love you all.

• Ditto Judy Cobb you said it all very well… I second it all . :)

214. thank you for sharing.. made me smile and laugh outloud…what great memories :)

215. Such a sweet family . Indy is beautiful!

216. a wonderful family

217. Indy is the most precious gift anyone could receive. She is absolutely gorgeous. God Bless you Joey, Rory and family!

218. I so enjoy your blogs Rory!!!! Each of you are in my prayers. Indiana has grown so much, I can’t believe it. So cute and just smiles away. So thankful Joey is doing so good – a touch of the Master’s Hand.

219. What a great video! Joey looks like she’s doing well and Indy looks absolutely adorable!!

• I am very happy thangs are working out for you all indy is just a doll and joey is a wonderful mom glad joey is doing so good expecially after having it seems like people are getting this horrible thang I am a 14 year survivor and my sister inlaw is going through it now she has battled it for 4 years now and she is going to win take care