down by the riverside

down by the riverside

It’s been over two weeks now since Joey’s surgery and she’s really doing great.  She’s pretty much back to her normal self – doing what she loves to do…. homemaking, spending time in the garden and being a mommy.

Joey collage

Yesterday afternoon, we drove down to the river with some friends, family and all of our kids.  It’s just a short ride through our neighbor’s back field and two cattle-gates to get there.  The weather was beautiful and the water was perfect.  It was so much fun watching the kids of all ages (us grownups included) splash and play together.  We’ve lived here in our farmhouse next to Duck River for fifteen years, but can’t tell you when, if ever, we’ve spent time wading and swimming in it with friends.  We’ve canoed down the river and we’ve fished it dozens of times or more, but never really spent an afternoon like this one.  I’m not exactly sure who’s idea it was, but it was sure a good one.  I think our little Indy loved it as much as Joey and I did.   Our neighbors Gabe and Mandy had some friends from church over, and Joey’s sister Julie and her kids were here visiting from Indiana, so it made for a wonderful memory that I didn’t want to forget.  So I brought along an iPad and using the 8mm app, shot a few video clips to help us remember our day…

240 Comments

1. Hope that Joey is doing great. I cannot wait till your album comes out. I have watched all of your tv programs, they have
    been great. My prayers are with all of you.

2. wonderful christian couple with a beautiful gift from our father in heaven. god bless the three of you. bob and sis in wareham ma.

3. Watching both on Gaither Hour today recorded 20013, you are so inspiring. We hope you will be able soon to be back RFDtv.

4. Love all of you,patiently waiting on your next blog, Carolyn ann,Winthrop ,Indiana

5. LOVE READING THE POST INDIA IS GROWING UP SO FAST AND LOVED SEEING FAMILY HAVING A GOOD TIME,

6. Every time you go radio silent I start to worry. I hope all is well. I have loved your show, your music, and your blog but even more I love seeing the love you share with your Joey, your daughters, and your God. You got it right, my friend.

I hope sometime soon to be able to drive to Pottsville to eat at Marcy Jo’s (I live in Lebanon). I would be wonderful to tell y’all about my Down’s brother, who turned 40 on July 28.

prayers always,
    Cheri

• love your blogs–thanks for keeping us who love you posted.

7. I so enjoy your blog and the gift you share through your sweet Indy. There is another family that shares a similar story as your Indy…it is worth reading called Enjoying the Small Things.