the joy of Joey

People have asked how Joey keeps smiling through all of this.  Well, I think a better question is how can she/we not be filled with joy through all of this?

The truth is…”cancer” is such a little word compared to the word “love”.

Indiana at 4 months

I’m reminded of that every day a hundred times.  It’s in Joey’s eyes and in mine when we hold our little one.  She’s 4 months old now and a bundle of nothing but joy.  It’s no wonder that…

…our days aren’t spent in tears, they’re spent in awe of this amazing chance to love and be loved by this little person

…our nights aren’t spent in fear, they’re spent listening for a laugh, or a coo, or a cry from the cradle, just so we can see her again and hold her in our arms

….our lives aren’t spent in worry, they’re spent in wonder at the incredible blessing that we’ve been given to be right here. right now with her, our older girls and family, our friends and with you.

290 Comments

1. THIIS IS FOR JOEY AND HER FAMILY: WE ARE ALL PRAYING FOR YOU JOEY AND YOUR WONDERFUL FAMILY. WE ARE ASKING OUR LORD JESUS TO REMOVE THIS CANCER FROM YOUR BODY FOR GOOD. LITTLE INDY IS SUCH A JOY. SHE LOOKS SO HAPPY WHEN SHE IS WITH HER MAMA IN THE GARDEN OR IN MOMMY’S ARMS. WHEN OUR LORD GAVE HER TO YOU AND RORY, HE GAVE HER A WONDERFUL FAMILY. JOEY JUST KEEP YOUR HOPES AND DREAMS UP AND HE WILL TAKE THIS CANCER FROM YOU. WE WILL CONTINUE PRAYING AND THINKING OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. GOD BLESS THE FEEK FAMILY, FROM YOUR FANS NORA AND BETTY GARDNER IN NEWPORT PA.

2. Robert Harper on Tuesday July 7 2015 7:15 pm You two are the greatest examples of love and faith. May God bless you and give you healing.

3. Your daughter is beautiful,& very special. You are very lucky parents.

4. joey an roy your littlebabybis a bundle of joy an an gels wraped in too a sweet big girl you would love to love her show the world her just so precious i’m a 74 yr old mother who took care of babies for a lot of moms when i was 11 n 12 yrs old up to my 16th birthdayan got married and had my own 2girls an 3 boys you are a very special mother to be given such a special baby too love an cherish from god n raise her too be a mom herself some day be proud of her love your show you both an be glad when you come back on tv. live an show you precious girl off may god bless you both LaVonne amen amen

5. Miss your show Friday night! We know you and Joey are enjoying your gift from above and for Joey who is a strong women to get through this cancer. God love you all! Lucille & Martin Wolf

6. There will be a time when you will be able to sing again! God is giving you more material, even now… You WILL reach a new normal. Our wedding rings are inscribed with 1Chron 4:10 That is my prayer for your family today: that God will Bless you, indeed! I agree with what you said, that even in the dark and scary there is also light and assurance. We were married in Aug. 2001. Just a few weeks later, the Twin Towers were destroyed, along with all those precious lives. By 2002 we were made aware that my husband’s COPD was getting worse and by 2004, July 4th he received the amazing gift of a double lung transplant. Lots of bumps in the road, but also so many blessings like enough new-found health to completely landscape our new home including beautiful flowers, amazing trees, meandering pathways, vegetables for the whole neighborhood, Still doing that, ten years later, too! We live in our own Garden of Eden! :o) Now, this ten years later, we are experiencing the miracle of Peritoneal Dialysis, since his kidneys failed due to anti rejection medications. What we have learned, and you already know, is that God is in control every day. He loves you so dearly and wants only His best for you. We are more in love than ever, feel more blessed than ever. The people He will set in your path at just the right time are not just coincidence. You have a wonderful platform of “being public” that God is continuing to use. Even though you have never met us, nor we you, we are still family–God’s family. It is our honor to pray for you as you listen to God’s heart and let Him be on the front seat of that bicycle while he puts the song back into your hearts! (I remember that story, too, Chuck Swindoll, somewhere back in the ’90’s before I was saved!) Big hugs, all around! xoxo

7. FIND TIM ELLIS ON INTERNET. the only down syndrome person in our country OWN and OPERATE his own restaurant. Amazingly uplifting and heart warmimg

8. So inspiring to see a family, living life, in a completely Godly, honest, happy, and real way. I love your story!!

9. love reading about your beautiful family you all are truly blessed love your music hope when indy is older you will come back to tv and bring her with you love and prayers to you all

10. You guys are an inspiration to me. God bless you and my prayers and positive thoughts are with you always.nyour part of my daily prayers. Indy is beautiful . Downs babies have a special place in my heart. My youngest brother was downs. He would be 38. But we lost him at 18. He was my 22 year olds best friend.

11. What a beautiful and lovely family you are.God does answer prayers and He is awesome.May He continue to bless your family. Prayers for Joey to have a speedy recovery from surgery. May God’s blessings be with all of you and your beautiful Indiana Boon. What a wonderful Christian family you are. The whole family is wonderful,you show a lot of love to each other. Prayers for everyone.

12. Praying for you and your dear sweet family, what a blessing you are to all!

13. Dear Joy and Rory, Your faith inspires all who read your posts, but more than anything is the love and prayers we all have for you. May you continue in your love of Christ, eachother, and your precious daughter! Gifts come in all sizes and unexpected detours…………….but they are gifts just the same. May God draw all of your family together as you love each other and enjoy this thing called “life”. Love to you, Sherri Crabb

14. Hoping your doing better. And that little girl of yours sure is a cutie. Keep the Faith girl, don’t let it wane.

15. I have so enjoyed watching your beautiful baby girl grow and to see the love you two have for her and each other. Only God can know what our future holds and He has truly blessed you with your beautiful Indy. I love both of you and will keep you in my prayers. We watched every show of the “Joey and Rory Show” and now I look forward to seeing how God is going to bless you thru this precious little miracle.

16. The pic of Indiana reminds me of a baby bird waiting to be fed with it’s mouth wide open. And we know God has his eyes on the sparrow!

17. I am a cancer survivor and I can’t agree with you more. I feel more blessed now more than ever because I truly get what life really is about. Before I got sick I just was swallowed up in stress and focused on the wrong things. Now life is about loving my family and being a beacon to those around me. I am so happy that God blessed you two with Indiana before all this happened. He always has a plan and knows what is best for us! I dedicate my favorite Bible verse to Joey: She is clothed in STRENGTH and DIGNITY and laughs without fear of the FUTURE. Proverbs 31:25
    May God continue to bless you all! I cannot wait to see what the future holds! :)

18. Thank you for sharing your lives with us, you all are a blessing to so many, we pray for God’s total peace in your lives. You have joy and inspiration to our lives. God bless you!

19. Your strength and faith is an inspiration to us. We admire you so very much and feel as though we are part of your family.
    Thank you for keeping us all updated on your journey. May God continue to bless you and keep you in his loving hands.